Peoples always prefer to keep their shoes like new rather than creased. That's why people often search online for "how to not crease shoes when walking?" though the question should be "how not to crease when walking?". We will know that answer shortly. Now let us discuss some other issues related to this topic: why shoe creases and how to uncrease shoes.
Why Do Creases Appear in Leather Shoes
Contrary to popular belief, the appearance of folds does not always indicate the mediocre quality of the material. Characteristic folds and wrinkles can appear already in the first days of socks because when walking, the foot still moves, bending in the ankle, metatarsophalangeal joints. Another common reason for the rapid formation of creases is the mismatch of the fullness, size, and individual physiological characteristics of the foot. Moreover, tailoring to order is also not a "vaccination" from the appearance of wrinkled areas.
To the formation of creases, couples sewn from a single piece of leather are less resistant when one single seam passes along the backline. If you are the owner of leather shoes sewn from several pieces, with perforation, other decorative elements, then shortly, creases will most likely not threaten you. Even if shoes or boots overtake such misfortune, then wrinkles will be much less noticeable than on a pair of smooth leather "without design."
How to Get Creases Out of Shoes
During operation, anything gradually wears out and loses its original appearance. And I want my favorite shoes always to look perfect and serve for a long time. The most common causes that adversely affect the appearance of shoes are wrinkles and creases. These are natural factors that appear during socks. Today we have prepared several ways that will help delay the time of their appearance.
- First, you must always keep the shoes clean and use them for their intended purpose. Do not wear your favorite suede model in rainy weather.
- If you nevertheless wet your leather shoes, they must be dried at room temperature by stuffing with paper or using a special pad. This is necessary so that the shoes retain their shape. It is essential not to use heating elements, as the skin may become deformed.
- Wet skin stretches well, so never wear a damp pair.
- Buy shoes of the right size. (See also: how to measure shoe size)
- After drying, the surface must be treated with a special cream. It nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
- Do not use silicone products for this. They do not nourish the skin, but only give shine for a short time; also, they attract dust very well.
These simple steps will help prevent creases in shoes for a long time. [See also: How to Get Gum Off Shoes]
And if a small hall still appeared? How can shoes be rehabilitated?
- Use a crumpled newspaper to fill and shape. Then carefully grease the steam with fat cream. After it has absorbed, repeat the procedure several times. Remove the rest of the oily cream and let the couple "rest" for a day.
- Also, to reduce the appearance of creases, use wax. With it, folds will be less noticeable.
To get rid of large creases, you need to make a little more effort.
- It's worth starting, as in the previous case, to shape the shoes using paper.
- Then you need to take a damp cloth and cover the shoes. Wait until the skin is slightly moisturized.
- Turn on the iron to medium mode, and gently pat the skin through a damp cloth.
- Evaluate the result. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
- Leave paper in the shoe until it dries completely.
Such manipulations should altogether remove the folds or significantly reduce them.
How to Remove Cracks in Shoes
There can be many reasons for a crack on a shoe, ranging from improper care to factory defects. The main thing is not to despair and try to fix everything. Using a product called "liquid skin," you can get rid of even the most profound injuries. This tool is designed specifically to repair severely damaged shoes.
- Get a product similar to your shoe color.
- Clean the shoe and dry it. So you prepare the shoes for the main stage.
- The damaged area must be treated with sandpaper. Here we must not overdo it so that the leather on the shoes does not crack even more.
- After that, use alcohol to degrease the desired area.
- Apply "liquid skin" evenly and do not touch for several minutes.
- If the result did not impress you, repeat.
- Then do the cream treatment.
After that, you can still wear your favorite pair of shoes for a long time without even thinking about the damage.
How to Remove Scratch on a Shoe
To assess the depth of damage: it is necessary to examine the scratch. Running a hand over the surface of the shoes, is there any roughness? This indicates skin damage.
- If the scratches on the shoes are shallow, you can try to tint them using the appropriate color of the shoe polish.
If this action does not bring the expected results, go to the next step.
- Heat the wax. Moreover, anyone, both bee, and paraffin will do. Fill it with a scratch, and after it hardens, remove excess with a soft cloth.
- Deep scratches can be removed using "liquid skin" (as described above).
Daily gentle care will help to avoid many problems and prevent premature damage to your beloved couple. Adhering to the simple rules of care, you will extend the life of leather shoes for several seasons.
Our recommendation is to buy shoes from professionals where they know the manufacturer and the materials that are used for production.
How to Prevent Creasing
To do this: it is recommended to follow these simple rules:
- shoes should only be stored in proper conditions, using cardboard boxes with ventilation, not plastic bags;
- you need to choose the right size - too loose shoes easily breaks, and narrow - stretches and forms intricate folds;
- footwear should be worn strictly according to the season, following the rules of socks for a pair of a specific material - for example, for suede shoes, constant walks through puddles can be a test;
- for care, you must use specially designed products for this, dry suede, leather, and nubuck should be in a natural way;
- removing shoes, you must completely unfasten all the locks, you can not step on the backdrop, as this can deform it;
- Drying and storing shoes is best done on natural wood blocks, at room temperature and away from direct sunlight;
- for one season, it is recommended to wear two or three pairs so that the shoes have the opportunity to rest a couple of days.
To eliminate creases on shoes, you can use various means. For leather, suede, and patent leather shoes, care is recommended only with the use of products designed for this type of material.
How to Not Crease Shoes When Walking
Now here is your answer: "The best way to prevent creasing while walking, you have to use crease preventer."
Crease preventers work with almost all types of shoes like leather shoes or other casual footwear such as dress shoes, sneakers. You have to purchase a pair of lightweight shoe trees that you can use for storage and travel.
No need to worry. They will move while you are walking. It can stay stuck to the top of the shoe firmly.
The shoe shield makes your shoes beautiful when you wear them but also can effectively repair the wrinkled shoes.